Infracom intends to play a strong part in leading sustainability in New Zealand’s infrastructure sector. We recognise the impacts of our work on our environment, our people and our operations.
Sustainability for us, as an organisation, means a commitment to adopting a strategy of best practice in measuring, reducing and reporting on our emissions profile and having it externally verified. We recognise that we have a responsibility to protect and restore the environment for future generations. This will be a focus for the 2020/21 financial year as we register our sustainability accreditation initiative with Toitū Envirocare. We will capture emission data from 2019/20 to set a recording baseline and complete carbon reduction accreditation by the end of the 2020/21 financial year.
Focus areas to reduce our carbon footprint will be travel, waste to landfill and office energy use.
We are committed to:
- Reducing the amount of travel we do and improving how we travel.
- Encouraging staff to make sustainable travel choices to and from the office.
- Continuing to use video/tele-conferencing technology for external meetings.
- Continuing to improve our existing office waste/recycling processes.
- Continuing to ensure we enlist suppliers who contribute to a low-emissions economy.